Our Soap Slab Cutter is designed to cut slabs into loaves and loaves into bars. It’s the perfect match for our Soap Slab Mould with Silicone Liner.
The Modish sliding tray soap slab cutter is made from furniture grade plywood and macrocarpa, and finished with natural plant oil.
Soap Slab Cutter
- Adjustable measuring stop (from a few mm to 120mm) and stainless steel ruler.
- “Table stop” underneath the cutter, allows it to be butted to the edge of the work table.
- Rubber stoppers prevent the tray hitting the cutting wire.
- Extended base at each side allows room to attach a clamp if required, or can be screwed permanently to the work table.
- Choose between wooden slide rails or metal drawer sliders at checkout – more information available in the description.
- Strong durable frame – no need to hold the top bar while cutting (as shown in youtube videos of similar sliding tray cutters). You can keep both hands on the handles and slide the slab through – easy!
Wooden or metal slider rail?
Both systems work well – here is a run-down-
- Wooden slider rails allow the weight of the slab to be distributed across the full length of the tray. They are a simple non-mechanical system that works well.
- Metal sliders, as used in kitchen drawers, are slightly dearer to fit. They are fitted to the soap slab cutter in the opposite orientation to that intended i.e. flat or horizontal instead of vertically as in a kitchen drawer. This means they may flex with the weight of a slab. The tray is made from thicker plywood
Depth – A work table 60cm deep is recommended so there is enough room when the tray is “in” i.e. when the cut is completed. See dimension diagrams below. Tables less than 60cm can be used by clamping or screwing the unit to the work bench – you are welcome to contact Modish prior to ordering to discuss.
The overall width is 56cm and height from table top to top of the peg is 29cm. The maximum cut to the right of the wire is 12cm and 31.5cm to the left of the wire. Maximum height of soap slab is 14cm. The inside tray depth is 31.5cm.
Shipping dimensions: (lxwxh) approx 58cm x 52cm x 34cm, with weight approx 9kg.
This model soap slab cutter has fixed sides – if your slab is wider than 31cm, we recommend our open-sided soap slab cutter.
Wipe with a brush to clear surfaces of soap and botanicals, then a damp cloth to wipe down.
Support – purchasers are welcome to contact Modish for support in the use of this item. If you happen to break a wire, please contact Modish for a replacement and guidance for winding. Please be extremely careful if you are removing or installing a new wire. The ends are particularly sharp and safety glasses must be worn.
NB – untested on melt and pour soaps.
The soap slab cutter can be purchased as a pre-order. Your cutter is then made to order – the typical wait time is three to four weeks to shipping. To check the current wait time before ordering, please message us
Free shipping NZ wide.
Check out the videos of our other products on the Modish YouTube channel.